Why do I have to duplicate contacts in Jungo and how can I merge them?
When we transferred contacts from ClientKeeper to Jungo, many LOs had duplicate contact records, and therefore these transferred over to Jungo. In addition, if you had a loan where a contact was the primary borrower on one loan, but a co-borrower on a second loan, this contact transferred over to Jungo two times - once as a borrower and a second time as a co-borrower.
Luckily, merging contacts is easy:
NOTE: To merge contacts, first make sure the contacts have the same account name.
To merge Contacts:
- Click on the Account Name.
- From the Account page, click the Merge Contacts button.
- Enter the contact’s name in the box and click the Find Contacts button.
- Check up to 3 contacts you want to merge.
- Click the Next button.
- Select the fields that you want to retain from each record.
Be careful, if you added on record to a drip campaign and want to make sure they stay on the drip, make sure to select the one with the marketing field as the master record. Then, click each of the radio buttons you want to keep from each record.
Correct Merge with Drip Campaign:
Incorrect Merge with Drip Campaign:
- Click the Merge button to complete the merge.
- All of the activity history for those contacts will be merged as well.
Watch the video below to learn how to merge contacts: